Friday, January 28, 2011

Business Cards: Page I

For many years I collected business cards. After trips near and far, close friends*, family, and dysfunctional relatives would pass them along to me. I collected the ones that struck my fancy in a binder with sleeves that were designed for trading cards.

What strikes my fancy? Font use, color choice, kitschy clip art, poor design, etc. I do not think business cards will ever go away from the landscape of America, but it certainly is a dying breed of communication.

My partner in life scanned these in for me a while back, and I’m glad they were not lost in RGBisMe’s Great Self-Created Blog Disaster.

Of note, middle card, third column: Rick Williams was the District Justice that married us in December 1984. The magenta cow above it just makes me smile. Click on the image for a larger view of the cards.

*P.S. I try not to use the “F” word nowadays, it leads to far too many tangled issues with complications beyond belief.

2 comments:

  1. This blog turned my crummy morning around. Thanks for sharing these scans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that my blog is like a faint whisper in the wind, but I am glad that it can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete